Wednesday, 15 September 2010

One Day Project - 15th September 2010

For this one day project we were asked to produce a illustrated cover for a single of our choice. I chose "Now My Heart's In Two" by the Isom Brothers.

The song is about teenage heartbreak and being in love at an early age. The song is based in the month of August where it is summer and is reminded of all the memories him and his ex had together. He is thinking back on their time together and wanting things to be different, and wondering how he could have changed the outcome. He also talks of "surviving"; he is barely surviving and just meddling through life without her.

I wanted to portray teenage love in my single cover, so I thought of the idea of having hands making the shape of a heart, because it is a strong image that portrays love and also the immature side that they are trying to keep under wraps when "in love". I wanted to also try to get the image across of them not being alive without each other, and I tried to give a subtle hint at this by having the main image in black and white. Another image idea I thought of would be to have two people forming the heart image (girl and a boy), in black and white. I also thought about just having an image of lips, with red lipstick on and this being the only source of colour.

Looking back I would have done things differently to improve my final product. I would use the actual artists for the front cover; possibly have two half images placed together for the two artists. I would use bright colours and make it fun and eye-catching.

Lyrics

It's the middle of August and I miss you baby, miss you baby. Wander the streets alone asking myself oh maybe, you will come home. Rain keeps pouring all over and over, and the sleet comes too. But this is nothing compared, to how much I miss you.

Chorus: Baby, baby, can't you see? (Can't you see?) This is not how I wanted us to be. Just remember that I gave you my love oh. And now you're gone my heart is broken in two.

Taking a stroll down at the bar Ritz, where we had our first kiss. Now it's just a memory and I have moved on, survive with a clenched fist. Whatever it takes, how many bones it breaks, many shakes and tremors I go through. Don't matter to me you wait and see, now I can be the man, now I can be.

Chorus x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment